Tech Support banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't install any drivers my second monitor refuses to be detected and I have small lines all over my screen, I need help from someone as I have tried many things.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
State what you've attempted to avoid duplication.

·
Premium Member
41,748 Posts
Your video cable might be bad, or the monitor might be bad, try replacing them. Why can't you install any drivers?

·
28,528 Posts
Do you mean only the second monitor drivers? Your responses are confusing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't install any drivers my second monitor refuses to be detected and I have small lines all over my screen, I need help from someone as I have tried many things.
I have tried uninstalling all driver and reinstalling with no success tried flashing the bios and then I took out my graphics card and used integrated graphics and it took away the lines from my screen and worked properly, anytime I download drivers for AMD it tells me to restart then when I try and run the driver program it says I have no AMD drivers.

·
28,528 Posts
If this is a Dell computer then you must get their version of the drivers even if they're AMD. We prefer new members list all their specs in their profile so we don't have to go through this back and forth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If this is a Dell computer then you must get their version of the drivers even if they're AMD. We prefer new members list all their specs in their profile so we don't have to go through this back and forth.
i7 6700k
Radeon rx vega 56 8gb

·
Premium Member
41,748 Posts
We need to know your computer or motherboard's make and model#. If this is your make and model# of your GPU MSI Global did you try to Auto Detect the card to update the driver?

·
28,528 Posts
In Post #11 Spunk is asking you to go to the underlined link

·
Registered
86 Posts
Download the proper driver to your desktop. Download DDU (read the information on the download page) to your desktop and reboot into safe mode.

Run DDU. Be sure you are disconnected from the internet completely. When you reach your desktop again, run the AMD graphics drivers you downloaded.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is possible that you have a bad port on your graphics card. Typically lines do not indicate a driver issue. Does the port your 2nd monitor is plugged into and creating lines work OK when only one monitor is plugged into it? Start out by testing all the ports individually with only one monitor to see if they work when only one monitor is attached. Then try the other monitor and its cable. If you are using HDMI, cable length should not be over 6'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts