Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope someone can help, I have used a toshiba laptop that have window xp home edition installed on it and I have never have any problem with it before but just last sunday, it shut down once on its own and I thought I might want to switch the antivirus scan software, so I uninstalled the norton antivirus 2002 that come with my laptop when I bought it and install the mcaffee that my university give me but when I do that and run a full system scan the computer start to shut down on its own after 30 minutes or shorter..and sometime it shuts down on its own after i just turn on the computer..so I figure maybe I should switch back to norton antivirus thus I just repeat the uninstall and install process but it keeps happening (rebooting continuously without any error messages) until I reformat the whole system (recovery) but it keeps on rebooting when I run the full system scan with norton antivirus again ( right now I only have a norton antivirus on the computer) and one thing I notice is that if I don't run a full system scan using any anti virus scan program or I uninstall it, then my computer can last longer than 30 minutes or maybe an hour before it reboot but if I run a full system scan using norton antivirus or any kind of antivirus softwar and have the virus software installed it reboot sooner than expected like 30 or 15 minutes after log on. Hope someone can help , thanks a lot...my university doesn't support this type of window and norton antivirus thus they can't really help at all. :confused:

·
Registered
336 Posts
apparently, you can't just do an uninstall with these programs and expect it to take. I've read all sorts of hoops you have to jump thru to delete them from google sites and I'll see if I can find them...but....if your laptop still shuts down after deleting then it sounds like some other problem. Check your POWER MANAGEMENT settings in Control Panel and your other settings in Display Properties and see if you can find a clue.

Many people like AVG anti virus program....uses less resourses and it is a free download.

check here..

http://www.aumha.org/articles.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.