Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the following Random Error -- Insufficient Resources to Complete Requested Service ID 1000. This occurs 2-3 times per month and I have not been able to correlate to anything going on in the computer. The last time it happened there was two active programs Firefox and and a third party MLS access program running. I tried to start another instance of Firefox and got the error message. after shutting down both programs there was enough resources to access the system error logs and I found that the first entry in the system error log was:

Error Event ID: 1000
Unable to start a DCOM Server: {5A5AA0AA-1DEB-4683-96B0-B43301E83971}. The error:
"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. "
Happened while starting this command:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPBPRO.EXE -Embedding​

This would seem like a program that is requesting virtual memory and not releasing it. But it is not obvious how to detect which program/service/driver that is the cause. Any suggestions?

·
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,099 Posts
Can you tell us what OS you have, How much RAM, and if your running programs like Yahoo or MSN Messenger, Paltalk, etc in the background. Also what startup programs start up when you boot and stay running? Programs like WinPatrol help see what starts up and running processes. You can also find out from going to Run and typing in msconfig, and go to the tab furthest right. (If you're running XP) I think 98 was the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The OS is XP Pro with 4GB of RAM. I am not running Yahoo, MSN, Paltakl etc. Programs running in the background are as follows:

acrotray.exe
adobeupdater.exe
alg.exe
applemobiledeviceservice.exe
ati2evxx.exe
ati2evxx.exe
avgcsrvx.exe
avgrsx.exe
avgtray.exe
avgwdsvc.exe
csrss.exe
ctfmon.exe
explorer.exe
fnplicensingservice.exe
googleupdate.exe
helpctr.exe
helpsvc.exe
hpwuschd2.exe
iexplore.exe
ioctlsvc.exe
ipodservice.exe
ituneshelper.exe
javaw.exe
jqs.exe
jusched.exe
lsass.exe
lssrvc.exe
mdnsresponder.exe
msascui.exe
msconfig.exe
msmpeng.exe
msmsgs.exe
nbservice.exe
nmindexingservice.exe
nmindexstoresvr.exe

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
If you look to the right of those listings in task manager, it will tell you
what pecentage of resources these things are using. Xp and Vista
have alot of running tasks in the backround, some you need some you
dont, but its best to leave running tasks alone, unless its a bug, or the
program is hogging alot of resources. Look to see which program is
hogging up the resources, and post back, or research it as to why.
If there is not a particular program doing it, then you may have another
issue...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Also one suggestion here looking at your process list there I noticed
msmsgs.exe

Do you use windows messenger? if not......

then go into control panel, internet options, programs tab, manage add-ons
disable this exe program, also take it off the startup list:

start
run
type
regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\shared tools\startup reg - delete all of the programs here you dont want starting up with the pc, the result will be faster boot up times?
Close out of the registry please.

To make sure the items you deleted are off the startup list go here:
start
run
type
msconfig
go to "startup" tab and look and see if they are removed, now x out of the box (in right hand corner) as so msconfig will not know you have touched it, this way it wont popup on you after rebooting pc or the next time you turn on the pc.

Im thinking that msmsgs.exe - windows messenger running in background - no need for this program unless you do use windows messenger, it laos has been known to cause problems to the windows at times especially when installing programs or running games as such.

·
Security Team , Visiting Fellow , Expert Analyst
958 Posts
That is the HP printer drivers, probably the hp toolbox doing it's usual play up

uninstall the HP printer & reinstall again with only the needed drivers, not all the add on junk they try to persuade you that you need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.