Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. my problem is this:

I have all the albums on my computer sorted into seperate folders by alphabet, then artist (cos i'm anal :) ). I have recently set up playlists using winamp for each of my albums, and put them in a seperate folder so i can easily browse them. All was cool.

Yesterday I decided to tidy up a bit, and put all the alphabetised folders into another folder so they wouldn't clutter up 'my music', however this stopped the playlists working. I have now had to put everything back :-( .

can anybody tell me how i can move the folders without having to recreate a new playlist for each of my albums as there are quite a few of them and i really can't be bothered, and to be honest with the things that computers are able to do in this day and age, I am amzed that a thing as simple as a playlist can be completely confused by me moving a folder!

Cheers for listening to me ranting, and please help.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Whenever you move any files or folders, the winamp playlist will be looking where the files used to be. It doesn't keep track of where they are moved to.

Try one of the playlist plugins from http://www.winamp.com/plugins/browse.php?search=yes&filter=C&query=playlist

If none of the plugins work, try creating a playlist for each album and saving it in the same folder as the tracks. Then whenever you move the folder the playlist moves with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.