Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a big problem here at work. The main computer has Windows XP recently installed on it and the rest of the office has Windows 98. He can view all of our files, etc. but we can't view anything on his computer. We are all on a network but cannot access anything from his computer. Can anyone offer any resolution to this problem?!? HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
on the XP machine open my computer and right click the c drive select properties...and it will tell you under file system...dont feel bad there seems to be some sort of ongoing problem getting W9X machines to browse XP...

What kind of enviorment do you have Domain or workgroup...when you log on how many boxes do you have ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His computer's file system is NTSF and we are on a workgroup. Does that help?!? Also, just in case you need to know, my computer is FAT32.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What worked for me, I installed NetBui on all systems, even with windoes 98. It's in Network Components under:.

Install > Protocol > Microsoft > NetBui

If that dosen't work, make sure you are giving access on Windows XP. Right click on the "C" drive and check the sharing options.

Then try running Network Connection Wizard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.