Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for your words of help.

Though formating is not an option right now. I do have files I need to retreive. I was able to get the D: part of the drive to work but C: is gone for some reasion. I can get the prompt but no data or space (Dos saids 0mg). How this mess started is I put the second drive on (forgot to set jumpers to slave)turned on the computer and the computer turned that second drive in to the C drive. Now the orig. C drive is no more and this my new problem. I hope I can get this data back by making my C/D drive whole again. I have not save any changee to the drive nore will the computer go beyond the C promp eather.
Is their any softwaire that can help revive my old C: drive?
Also is this software safe for us non IT folks.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Have you tried to put it back exactly the way it was? Without the new drive in there.

If the D drive had an OS already on it and you let it boot to that drive this would happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you help Speedo.
Yes I have tried this but C: drive was my boot drive and D: was just storage for games. I have a Compac 5133 and the hard drive was partition to fit this computer working limits. (my first drive crashed) Anyway the second drive I put on did have a OS on it(if this is any help) I wainted to create a new OS drive because my old OS was realy slow and having problems. (A friend said would salve my problems) So I hooked up both drive hoping to boot off my old C: drive and creat a new start up drive. When I had both drive connected the computer beep, ran a system check and then started the drive I was going to reformat in the new OS drive and not my orig C drive. After I relized this was going on I shut off the computer unpluged the second drive and just tryed to run the old C/D drive. It is here that I got the famous non system disk error. I could using a os disk get the computer up and running but C drive is not their D: is their my CD player in not even listed. ( me thinks i did a major Fubup)

S

·
0 Posts
OK lets try this.

I'll assume you have a restore disk with this computer.
Put everything back the way it was before you installed the second drive.
If you have your manual and read about how to run restore.
If you have no manual boot to the floppy or CD, I have no clue what you have there.
It should allow you to repair this without losing your info, Unless it's gone already.

Good Luck....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.