Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem for as long as I can remember, not sure why it's happening, but I've been unable to install certain programs(mostly games) because of a windows installer error message. I've gone to lengths to try and repair it using the Microsoft Fix-it, and other methods, but all of them don't work.

I saw a previous thread with the same problem, but it was more easily solved. I believe mine is much more complex, as I've tried that solution, and it doesn't work.

Open cmd, SFC /SCANNOW. I've included the logs, and as you can see, lots of corrupted files =[

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Bojango,

Do you keep your updates regular and antivirus running?

There can be many reasons why your files are corrupted missing including but not limited to; malicious software, Bad install, accidental alteration or deletion and much more..

Has this always been an Issue if so its very possible you installed the OS in a corrupted state. ether way Windows being a very restricted operating system in terms of alterations possible your best bet is to do a fresh install.

I will be happy to help you with any questions you may have in relation to backing up pre-existing files and installing a new Operating system.

Best Wishes :thumb:

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
Shut down the computer. Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot Menu choose Repair Your Computer. If this fails, if you have a Windows DVD boot off of that. Choose your language and again Repair Your Computer. If this fails it will take you to the RE (Recovery Environment) here choose Command Prompt.

First determine what Drive the OS has been assigned by the RE

At command prompt (x: sources) type:
bcdedit find “osdevice” (Must inc ) press enter. The OS may not be on the C: drive.
Now use the returned as the drive letter for OS, for this example, assume C: or whatever drive letter is the os device.
At the x sources type: chkdsk c:/r press enter, 5 stages of check disk will run.
can take a while.

To run sfc/scannow from the DVD

at the x: sources type:
sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows press enter
sfc will run can take awhile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.