Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g51vx from asus with Win7 and i dont know what has happened...

Yesterday i was watching the world cup and there was a threat found by microsoft security, and i told it to clean it. Minute later, it was done and i continued to watch for a while, and then i turned the cpu off. came back 4 hours later to see this:

I power it on, and it goes past the asus gaming logo
Then you can see the hd light flashing and it comes to a black screen with an underscore on the top left, which blinks for a few seconds, and quickly goes down and it disappears.

Then i am left with a black screen, and nothing happens. The hd light isnt flashing at all. I tried keeping it on for a while, but nothing happens.

Im guessing the threat that was found stuck on to my boot files or something? Yet i know nothing of this so i need your help :sigh:

Tried f5, f8, and it wont let me go into anything on startup except the blue bios screen.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Thanks,

I borrowed a disk from a friend and booted from cd and the system repair showed up.
On the first time, i did it and it took a nice 10mins to fix. It said that if its fixed it will boot, if its not, then it will come back to system repair. I pressed restart and the same problem happens to me again when its booting from HD. I went ahead and restarted again and booted from cd again. Did the repair again, and i think it fixed something else, not so sure... but i restarted again.

The cpu made it boot from cd, and it says "press any key" and i waited and saw the "starting windows" thing after and i was so happy. Everything is back to normal, nothing deleted, and im typing on it at the moment on this forum :)

YET i still have a problem..:(

I cant boot it from HD...it still hangs at the black screen BUT if i do it from CD, it says the "press any key" which i dont, and it boots windows...

Any idea? i can access files since i am on it...so i have access to files if i had to add/change any in the Win7 folders.

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,713 Posts
hmmm, that is strange. To be honest, it never happened to me.
Try entering BIOS and check boot settings.

How long it hangs at that black screen when you boot without a CD???
Maybe you could try to boot via Safe Mode...

You can either insert CD in Safe Mode or you can boot with CD in CD-ROM and do SFC /SCANNOW
You enter this command in search bar and hit Enter...

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, that is strange. To be honest, it never happened to me.
Try entering BIOS and check boot settings.
Did and restored to user defaults, still wont work
How long it hangs at that black screen when you boot without a CD???
Maybe you could try to boot via Safe Mode...
I left it on for 10+ minutes and its still on the black screen, no computer working at all..and i can boot in safe mode it i want.
You can either insert CD in Safe Mode or you can boot with CD in CD-ROM and do SFC /SCANNOW
You enter this command in search bar and hit Enter...
Did the sfc and it scanned and went 100% and finished without anything poping up, just without warning :p

check C partition is marked active
Marked it active, still wont work.
----------------------
Update: I shut it down and when i turned it back on (with the cd boot method), My screen resolution was changed, my theme also to windows 7 classic and i cant change it back to aero(when i click to change it to something else, it just goes to "window colo and appearance), and my font is much different now, and bolder then before? whats happening? And also, i can boot without the cd, just i HAVE to boot from the cd and make that selection, or else from the HD it wont boot nothing.....

PLEASE HELP if there is nothing i can do, i still have 4 month warranty left, i will just put my files on an external and just replace this with a similar laptop

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.