Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My pc has been infected with this worm for about a week now and I can not figure out how to get rid of it. etrust anti virus tells me it's creating thousands of copies of itself (in various tmp files) in c:\windows\temp & c:\program files\norton antivirus\quarantine\portal

Norton also detects it but says it cannot remove the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks A lot,
~NeedHelp :sour:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
NeedHelpBad, after you get an analyst to help you clean your computer out please uninstall 1 of your antivirus programs to avoid conflicts and system slow downs. Do not remove your current antivirus to install another !

Please follow these instructions

Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Analyst will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you tried starting the system in safe mode and running a virus scan from there. Most Virus' that are unable to be removed by norton have registry entries for them to run on startup and by starting in safe mode the virus should "run" allowing the anti virus to clean them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.