Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Hope somebody can help. I had 2 hard drives on this computer and replaced the primary master (fat32). Windows is recognizing that the secondary drive (ntfs) is there. ( control panel/admin tools/comp management/device mgr/disk drives) but is not recognizing it under logical drives (in the same tree). Nor can I find it when when I click explore. It used to be my E: drive. I remember when I originally installed the secondary drive I had to change some settings in w2k to make it work, but that was many many brain cells ago. Ive been scratching my head about this for several days.

Dang, you guys are good. Is this telepathic help or something? I just figured it out! In the same tree, under storage/diskmgmt, it showed a foreign drive and simply right clicked and clicked "import foreigh disk"

Thank you for letting me take up some space. If it wasnt for a similar post here and some detailed advice I wouldnt have got this far. I completely did it by accident. But now Ill know where to look next time!

Thanks again!
ZZ D Dawg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does your BIOS find and recognize the HD properly?

If not, then this is the problem. (Look at Cables, Power IDE etc) Try using the secondary IDE chain for the drive etc..

If it does then try.

If you boot up with a Windows 98 Disk, and try FDISK.

Does it find the HD and display the Drive this way?

If FDISK does not find the drive then there is a problem with the drive.

Does any of the above help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.