Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
How about some information about your system? Things like the BIOS date, motherboard model, etc.

How did you partition the drive?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very True

Does your BIOS say the HD is 60 Gig?

We would need alot more details.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i downloaded the western digital disk diagnostic, and it read the hard drive i set up the partitions and everything was ready to go.. so i hit ok. then it told me to reboot so i did, and nothing happened. i tried to go back and re-do it and now it wont even read the frickin drive. no drive is shown

S

·
0 Posts
Check your connections!

Did you write zeros to the drive? If so don't format it with WD setup disk. Just boot to the W2K CD and let it do the formatting for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know what writing zeros to the drive means, and if i did i would do it except... MY COMPUTER WONT READ THE DRIVE. IT DOESNT SHOW UP IN BIOS OR ANYTHING. ive tried connecting it with different cables and everything, everything is set up right but the **** thing does not read. i can hear it spin up when power goes on. it read it fine up until i tried to format it with the Western Digital Diagnostic program, now the whole **** thing doesnt work. PLEASE HELP MY **** COMPUTER HAS BEEN DOWN FOR 4 WEEKS NOW. IM STARTING TO LOSE IT

S

·
0 Posts
We need some specs!

How old is this machine and what is in it for hardware? Motherboard, CPU, Memory and all the other devices you have in there.
Is this a brand new hard drive?

Should have waited Huh john..................:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
system is probably 6 months old. here are the specs....

matsonic MS8147C series mainboard
AMD2000 processor
768mb ram
western digital 60gig
maxtor 160gig
(neither hard drive works)
ATI 7500 graphics
400w power supply
everything else disconected

S

·
0 Posts
How are all of your IDE drives setup in your machine?

In other words what is the master and slave on each IDE channel? And are they jumpered properly

I'm trying to download the manual for your board but I'm not having much luck on their site..............:no:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the one ide channel is set up with the 60gig as primary and thats it. the other channel is set up with a cd-rom as primary and thats it. im just trying to get one thing to work at a time here. and yea they are jumpered right, i double checked.

S

·
0 Posts
Try clearing the CMOS! Look in your manual for instructions on how to do this!

Make sure the computer is turned off and unplugged.

S

·
0 Posts
Check these things!

The IDE cable has to have the blue end connected to the motherboard.
The black end needs to go on the hard drive.

If there are any jumpers on the back of the drive labeled Ma, CS and Sl remove them and try it.

If that doesn't work try using a jumper on CS

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.