Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No hardware changes no nothing but this is getting out of hand, a puter i have used for over three years.

Now each time i try to copy or paste in this os it simply reboots,tried reseating ma hardware and chips but to no avail, did a reinstallation of all the alppllications including the win2k still it amouned to nothing.Am nw stuck

Ma hardware meets the 2k spec,p111lprocessor,10gig hd memory is 64mb

can anyone out here help me

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
first part...about the spec's...double that ram to altest 128 MB

try using the new memory without the current memory...might be bad...

with that said it probley is not you problem...do the reboot happen every time or in certian programs ?? Is it right after you boot the system or has it been running for a while...(makes a diffrence) .. open the case while it is on-- are all you fans running, is the system over heating???...plug a light into the outlet...is it flickering ...better yet go to radio shack and get a outlet tester....move the system to a diffrent outlet...bad power SUCKS

with all that said ...tell us exactly what you do to recreate the problem and others will add more

:bandit:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
First off, I'd suggest 128mb as the absolute minimum for W2K, and really 256mb will be even better. Since it happens when you do a specific operation, I'd suggest that you boot from the CD and run the recovery console and do an automatic repair. This may fix your problem. I will tell you, I've seen W2K run on 64mb and it isn't pretty, it's a PIG! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.