Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(My computer has winME)

I have created a bootable win2k CD ( http://tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=297 ). The creation of the CD seemed to go well, and I have restarted the computer with the CD in it and it detected it correctly.

Now, after a couple of screens I am at the "Win2000 Pro Setup" screen. It says:

Code:
 [B]Welcome to Setup.[/B]
   This portion of the Setup program prepares MS2k to run on your computer.
      - to set up win2k now, press enter
      - to repair a win2k instal, press R
      - to quit setup w/o installing wink2, press F3
Now, I just want to make sure that if I press "enter", it does not actually instal win2k on my system, because that would defeat the point of the boot CD; and I do not have a winME CD. I know it says "setup" and not "instal", but this process is new to me, so I just would like someone to confirm that this is normal for a boot CD and nothing will actually get installed or deleted.

Thank you in advance!

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
sadly, bart's pe doesn't work with windows 2000.
the program "pe builder" itself will run in windows 2000, but you cannot use win2000 as the source for the pe cd itself.

Requirements to build:
The files from your Windows Installation CD-Rom.
Supported Windows versions are:

Windows XP Home Edition (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
Windows XP Professional (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
PE Builder runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003/BartPE systems.
CD/DVD writer if you want to creat a bootable CD/DVD.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Now, I just want to make sure that if I press "enter", it does not actually instal win2k on my system, because that would defeat the point of the boot CD; and I do not have a winME CD. I know it says "setup" and not "instal", but this process is new to me, so I just would like someone to confirm that this is normal for a boot CD and nothing will actually get installed or deleted.
Normally at this point it will try and detect the drives and partitions. After it has detected the drive you will be prompted to read the EULA and press F8. Because Win2K is capable of creating, deleting and formating partitions, it should show you all the partitions on all the drives in your computer then it will ask you what partition you want to install the OS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.