Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey chiefs down there can anyone tell me how to set ma op sys to automatically shut down without pressing the buttons.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ok, Now I'm gonna try to translate this and then answer the question. If I get the translation wrong let me know. :)

"ma op sys" = my OS :)

Yes, but Ill need to know which OS's you need help with. I'm guessing you mean shutdown when your not there like a scheduled task also, if this is not so make sure to let me know that as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it depends...

if you wanna have that automatic shut down thing, make sure you have an ATX motherboard. that does it all because of the power supply feature/advantage of that motherboard over the obsolete AT models. you can configure that stuff on your bios.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Using Speedo's link and making it a scheduled task, it would be automatic to the definition.

OGAZ- The Tech is not the only one here who has to unravel your code. I'm convinced you are an intelligent human and you are just messing with us. I guess it's not a problem, it just bugs me a little and I had to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
auto shut down

Am atleast sure this is not he place to pass ma free time.JAMMAN, am runing 98-2000sever but specifically want the 98 os.For sure there places down here where i can go and rack jokes even with ma dogs.the respect i have for tech is good.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
:confused: When you goto the shutdown command off of the start menu, what happens? Does it freeze or does it give you a message saying "It is safe to turn off your computer"

Or, do you mean you want to have the computer shut itself down at pre-determined times when your not around?

If thats the case then I suggest looking around for a program that will put a shutdown command into your "scheduled tasks"(This really isn't my area, I'm sure someone else here can direct you to a good 3rd party program that will make this happen)

If I misunderstood your question (My universal translator was offline) then just let me know and Ill try again. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.