Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since upgrading some of my machines to Win2003 SP1 I have been unable to make certain communication calls to that machine from other machines. I receive the socket error (10053) "Software caused connection abort" on the Windows 2003 SP1 machine and I received the error 910054) "Connection reset by Peer" on the calling machine. This problem occurs consistently on Windows 2003 SP1 and does not appear to happen on other machines. The calling functions work fine between all earlier systems. (Windows 2003,XP, Win2000, NT, etc).

Is anyone aware of changes in Windows 2003 SP1 that increase security or make other such changes that would restrict TCP access? I have made the change for the SynAttackProtect reg setting but this did not help.

My code is proprietary so I can not show it here, but I am basically just trying to perform a call to send().

Thnaks for any help,
Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Win 2003 SP1 tcp connection reset by peer

I have exactly the same problem and error which you are experiencing. Our application works fine on Windows 2003. Once I upgraded to Windows 2003 SP1, it started to give me socket error "connection reset by peer" . We are using the same send() method too.

However, I am able to get my appication working by disabling SynAttackProtect feature. But some of our customers are not willing to disable this feature because it adds higher security against Denial of Service attack.

I am wondering if this is a bug in Windows 2003 SP1. Can anybody shed a light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scott,

Are you using Orcbus for your application? We are using Orcbus 4.0.5. The tcp/ip error message came from CORBA. I am trying to confirm whether it's a CORBA problem or not. Thanks.

Mei

·
Registered
1 Posts
SP1 errors

srapp1972 said:
Is anyone aware of changes in Windows 2003 SP1 that increase security or make other such changes that would restrict TCP access? I have made the change for the SynAttackProtect reg setting but this did not help.
Scott,

I am new to this forum (first post) but I joined because I am looking for answers to exactly this problem. We discovered that we could no longer print via TCP/IP printing (we use HP Jet Direct print servers). Uninstalling SP1 did not resolve the problem and neither did rolling back so we're pretty sure that the SP altered our security structure in the AD domain profile. Trouble is, there are too many settings that could be involved. If you have found a solution, please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.