Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both windows vista and 7 had options for utilizing a Travel theme when using photos for a screen saver, but I do not see that option for the windows 10 screen saver. C'est la vie, or ????
Thanks ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By default, Windows 10 offers the following six screensavers – 3D Text, Blank, Bubbles, Mystify, Photos and Ribbons
Thanks for the reply. Yes, but that is not my question.
I selected Photos for my screensaver option. But, with Win7 and Vista, there was a theme option that could also be selected - Travel, Classic, Fade, Album were some of the possible selections one could make. These control how the pics are displayed and transitioned.
(Actually, I selected Windows Live Photo Gallery in order to see these theme options for Windows 7, the same options were available in Windows Vista while selecting the Photos screensaver.)

The travel theme when using a folder containing pics from a trip or vacation, made the screensaver function like a 'presentation' - it was very cool.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,464 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type Screensaver. Click Change Screensaver, take the drop down arrow and choose Photos. This will make a screen saver of your photos in Library/Pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SF. Sorry, guess I am not being very clear. I already know how to change/set screen savers (I use, rt-click on desktop, then click personalize, then click screen saver, btw). Anyway, then:
Select photos (or Windows Live Photo Gallery from Win 7) from the screen saver drop-down. Then click settings button. Click the "Use this theme" drop-down, then select Travel or one of the other options that I mentioned above. The drop-down next to "Use this theme", is the missing option in Win10 that I was wondering about. Better?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,870 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but I'm thinking of copying and pasting the Travel Theme from a Windows 7 or 8 computer. The problem started when MS went from 7 to 8 and changed the theme name from .themepack to .deskthemepack. There is a lot to be sorted out yet in Windows 10 and I'm sure this is low on MSs priority list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After some research, found out that Win10 does not have the
screen saver option: Windows Live Photo Gallery. I downloaded
from cnet, installed it and now the options that I had in Win7 are back.
NOTE: it is part of the Live Essentials package ( ~7 other downloads) - I deselected all but Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker (they were together).

To use, I did the following, but any way to set screen saver will work.

Rt-Click on desktop
Click Personalize
Click lock screen
Click screen saver settings
On screen saver drop down, select Windows Live Photo Gallery
Click settings
On Use this theme drop-down, select Travel
Select Browse to select the folder containing the pics desired
Other options here include slide show speed and shuffle
Click save
Click Ok
Close Personalize screen

Voila - the Travel theme to display pics/photos is a show in itself.
From Microsoft, so, should be trustworthy, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.