Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I've been dealing with this issue since I built my new computer. P5Q Deluxe, Intel E8500, 2 x 2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 RAM, Radeon 4870 1 GB, Seagate 7200.12 500 GB HD, Windows XP Pro.

I have the HD on the correct SATA channel 0, only one HD installed, latest P5Q Deluxe BIOS version 2005 (have updated many times, issue still persists).

I have not reinstalled Windows XP but I don't think it would help considering it works perfectly fine and runs fast when it's booted.

It takes approx. 1min to load past the loading screen when the bar is moving back and forth from side to side. Most computers only take about 5 or 6 passes of the bar, mine takes like 30!

I'm not sure what else to try here or what to check, any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hum. That happened to me all the time, and I found out the reason why. This is what I did on my computer. So everytime my Drive D won't work, my computer lags like hell. Very slow booting, and such. So what I did was re-plug the plugs of the HD. The lag ended for me, and drive D is working again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.