Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone please help me. I have Windows xp pro installed on my computer. I am the administrator for this. I have other accounts setup on this as well, one is Guest account and the other is a Limited account. I would like to know how i can stop those accounts EXCLUDING my account>ADMINISTRATOR from accesing certain things for example control panel or add/remove programs certain files or folders or to make the cd-rom drive not accesable. I want a prompt to pop up showing that access is denied you do not have permission..or even set passwords for these files folders and programs something like that can anyone help??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the help on that. I have gone through and read up on group policies. Just for an example I have tried one> I ran the gpedit.msc command and have prohibited access to the control panel. Just one thing wrong though. When i set this it took effect on me the administrator as well. How can i define these restrictions to apply to certain users example> Guest account and users with limited accounts. Anyone know?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok maybe im missing a setting somewhere. This is what i did I ran gpedit.msc command and under
user configuration> Administration Templates>Control Panel>Prohibit access to Control Panel I enabled this option which turns control panel off. Maybe im missing something but there is no option in this box that allows me to prohibit this to any certain user, it automatically takes effect on all users including me the Administrator. Is there anyone else out there that has experience in doing this type of thing. If so please write back with some help.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.