Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to all of this so don't really know much about computers... i know i have windows xp professional installed and i have cleaned my registry files with 2 cleaners... i run 2 anti viruses, and i have a nvidia gforce graphics card... that's about all i know about it..
the problem is that the computer keeps freezing every now and again, which is a pain... but especially when my son plays his game "wow" he maybe get about 10 mins play and it freezes... i found 4 trojans on it and quarentined them... but i am wondering if it is another virus or if it is the graphics card...
also when i start to scan my comp... it says it will take about 3 days to do the most basic scans...
please help and someone tell me what to do i am really at my wits end and i am not a young thing anymore... so please don't make things complicated for me... thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, having two anti virus programs running at once can cause system instability. Disable or uninstall one and choose the other one you want to keep.

Next, follow the 5 steps to clean your system and post a Hijackthis log. Post a HijackThis log per the instructions in the above thread and have the HijackThis folks take a look at it. If they find your system to be clean, we can rule out spyware and viruses and look at other causes.

BMR777

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.