Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here with XP install issue - I hope someone can help!

Built a new system yesterday:
- ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe (flashed the latest bios version from ASUS website)
- P4 3.0 Ghz 800Mhz FSB
- ASUS AGP V7700 Video Card
- 1GB Kingston Ram (256x4)
- 2 120GB Seagate SATA Barracuda drives

I installed the two SATA drives on the Promise Fastrack 378 as RAID 0 (performance). BIOS sees these drives, Seagate's hard drive utility sees them, but XP cannot.

Here is what I did...
- Booted from CD
- Held F6 down to specifiy additional third party RAID/SCSI devices
- When prompted, pressed 'S' and loaded latest drivers from 3.5" floppy (from ASUS web site)
- Setup loaded the WinXP drivers from floppy
- Pressed enter to continue setup
- Setup then continued to load a plethora of addtional drivers from CD (including other SCSI drivers)
- Once I got to the screen to hit enter to continue setup, I received the "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" and it gave me the F3 option to quit setup.

I'm a bit baffled as to why the XP setup process won't utilize the driver I specified earlier. :confused:

Any ideas? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solution found! You must use the motherboard utilities CD that comes with the board to create the FastTrack 378 RAID device driver diskette. This will correctly be read by XP and let you continue the installation.

The drivers from the ASUS site will not work, you must use the CD.
Simply run the makedisk utility from the 378 RAID folder and you'll be set! :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: bios?

the80sguy said:
you made sure that you switched to RAID in the bios?
Yep, that was the first thing I did even before trying to install XP. Had everything ready to go from that end. When I made the disk from the utility on the support CD, XP recognized it and took right off. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.