Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am have a problem where Windows XP will not recognize my mouse and keyboard, even in safe mode. They function fine in the BIOS and Win XP Recovery Console, but they will not function in WinXP. I have tried multiple keyboards and mice, but none work.

Any suggestions?

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

Which ones are they.. make/model?
Have you tested them on any other computer to see if they work?

You may need the drivers that come with them in the CD or from manufacturers website, if MS doesn't provide them.

Can you check in Start>Run>type: devmgmt.msc, hit enter, under Keyboard and Mice to see if they're detected, and if so, right-click>properties to see if its says its working properly and under "Resources" tab to see if there are any conflicts too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they work in other computers and I have tried several different keyboards/mice. They were working fine for a year, then one day I boot the computer and they don't work. The computer is fairly top of the line and was freshly built last year.

I cant check the device management because i have no keyboard/mouse in winxp to type that in.

Like I said, they function perfectly fine in the BIOS and windows recovery console. But not in WinXP regular or safe mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem via Windows Repair Console or other means? Would I be able to hook up the hard drive to another computer as a slave and modify a setup file on it or anything? Formatting would be the last option at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.