Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
windows wont recognize my tv

hi
im trying to connect my pc to tv with hdmi cable. i have nvidia gt630(with mini hdmi output).
for some reason i cant see my tv in resolution menu even though i press "detect"
what should i do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now when im connecting the monitor using dvi and connecting the tv i open resolution windows and after pressing detect i see another screen that say "an additional undetected monitor"...

·
Decessit
68,880 Posts
I thought it was an HDMI cable you were using also is this windows giving the this message,do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics.The make and model of your computer ie dell,hp,toshiba or if a custom build the make and model of the
Moterboard
cpu
gpu
ram
powersupply

·
Registered
491 Posts
didnt help
is it possible that my problem is connecting pc with vga and tv with hd at the same time?
Even if you had both cables plugged in, the television wouldn't be able to show both at the same time. Have you actually told your television which input the HDMI cable is plugged in to - Sounds obvious, but sometimes we all miss the obvious. Does VGA work with the TV? If you have both the VGA and HDMI cables plugged in to the television, remove the VGA, the hyper-logical computer can sometimes get confused by trying to do the same thing in two ways at the same time.

I'm not sure that with my laptop I even have to tell it to output an HDMI signal, my problem is getting back to the laptop screen!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Even if you had both cables plugged in, the television wouldn't be able to show both at the same time. Have you actually told your television which input the HDMI cable is plugged in to - Sounds obvious, but sometimes we all miss the obvious. Does VGA work with the TV? If you have both the VGA and HDMI cables plugged in to the television, remove the VGA, the hyper-logical computer can sometimes get confused by trying to do the same thing in two ways at the same time.

I'm not sure that with my laptop I even have to tell it to output an HDMI signal, my problem is getting back to the laptop screen!
so i tried it and now at least my pc detect something.
this is what i see

the 2nd screen is my tv and it does not connected with vga, im using hdmi
another thing is that my tv says "no signal"

·
Registered
491 Posts
'"the 2nd screen is my tv and it does not connected with vga, im using hdmi
another thing is that my tv says "no signal"'

I'm sorry, this doesn't make sense. You are trying to output a signal from the computer to the television, so what is of concern is what the television sees. You show us one picture and say that "The second one is the TV" Which second one, we only have one picture. Do you mean that one of the open folders on the computer screen is that of the television? Are you trying to get two different images, one on the TV and one on the computer, or are you trying to repeat on the TV what you have on the computer screen? What make of television are you using - It seems odd that it hasn't got a "D" socket for VGA input, but has got an HDMI socket.

If you are trying to achieve two different desktops, have you dropped that for a moment and just tried a straight HDMI coupling, so that you have the same on the TV as you have on the computer. I am assuming that you have selected HDMI as the input on the television selector. Just as an experiment, I grabbed an HDMI cable, plugged it into my computer and the other end into socket 4 on my TV, selected HDMI 4 on the tele and bingo! the computer's desktop. I can, should I wish, turn the computer's screen off.

Your picture indicates that you have set it for 2 VGA monitors, not one VGA and one HDMI. Is there an HDMI option for 2 monitors using different outputs? If not, it may be that your computer can't split the output in two different formats, but can only output what the screen shows when in HDMI.

So - I think we need you to make it more clear as to exactly what you are trying to do, and to be certain that you have done the basics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.