Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to reinstall ME on new hard drive. downloaded, created ME boot disk. started system. message: This driver is provided by Oak Technology, Inc. OTI-91X ATAPI CD-ROM device driver. Rev D91XV352 (C)Copyright Oak Technology Inc. 1987-1997. Device Name: MSC0001. No drives fournd, aborting installation. final message: Device driver not found: 'MSCD0001'. No valid CDROM device drivers selected. There may be a problem with your CD-ROM. Check to make sure it is properly connected and restart your computer. same messages I've been getting. all internal cables tight. Suggestions please. Thank you.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
First off, is your CD drive detected by the BIOS? If so, have you tried booting directly from the WinME CD?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eureka

:tongue2: disconnected hard drive, disconnected cd-rw drive. reconnected all. booted with ME boot disk (thank you! thank you!). had to copy all files from D: (virtual drive) to C: restarted. CD drive worked!!!!!! reinstalled WinME. you guys are fantastic! the AMAZING things/people you find on the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.