Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cannot install software from the cd in 95. auto start does not work. I try to access from computer, cd rom and error message shows up D:\is not accessible the device is not ready, and then retry or cancel at the bottom. However I did install about 5 programs. Installed one, rebooted, installed another rebooted, did this to install those five. But I have another 5 that will not install no matter what the install programs gives command line for installation program I have tried C:\setup.exe, C:\installsetup.exe C:\install.exe nothing works. This system is OS win 95b 256 ram, 4 gig drive. I was going to use this one for just board games and card games. Any help would be appreciated thanks Gordon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the boot disk it will bring me to the A prompt, what do I type in to install win 95? Thanks Gordon.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
put your cd in the drive,,at the a prompt type in setup, then hit enter key.
If it doesnt take off from there you may have to change directory to
d:setup, or e:setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried all kinds of commands and got invalid command or bad command. I tried C:\setup, C:\SETUP, C:\SETUPWin 95, C:\setupWin95, nothing seems to work. Hope you got some more info Gordon.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
doesnt seem like your able to access you atapi rom drivers -- which are on the boot disk.
you need to start over..format the drive
boot with the floppy in, run fdisk, delete existing partitions. then create your new partition...loads the atapi drivers, remove the boot disk, and on reboot it will take you to the A prompt
type D:setup with the floppy out and the windows disk in
post back

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 95b cd. However I can not get it to boot up. I think you are absolutly correct. I am missing some drivers. I am a little reluctant to reformat, I guess I don't have absolute faith in the 95cd. Once I reformat and run the 95cd if it does not boot probably will be out of luck on installing 95. I'm still running over this in my mind. I hav't done it yet. Gordon.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Use A windows 98 disk it has later versions of atapi drivers and if you get stuck follow the instructions HERE
(it's the same for 95)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been reading and Th3 win 95 cd I have gave a problem about a year ago. It would not install on a different processor. At that time I went to Microsoft and they gave me a new product number. I have not tried that cd yet. I think I am going to keep all this info on file and wait a while before I chance not being able to reinstall 95. In all probability this would not happen. But I do thank everyone for their help. Gordon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.