Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys..

Ok, so the problem is when i'm running any app like Google Chrome, Windows Live Messenger, or any other, even sometimes when i open a windows folder (Explorer.exe), it freezes for a while (i'd say for 1 minute) and then *puff* continues running, and later happens again, and again.... Its been happening for like a week now, and before that i didn't have this problem ... So my guess is some freaking windows update, but i hope you can help me solve this issue.

Here are my DESKTOP specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.3 GHz 2.3 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

Note that i recently bought this computer

I really hope you guys can help me out...
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sorry for my english its not very strong.. Hope you can understand my problem

·
Banned
365 Posts
I know, that you posted some of this information already, but would you please post the full hardware information for your computer, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Motherboard Make & Model number (this is usually printed on it somewhere)
- CPU (Processor) type and clock speed
- RAM (memory) installed, its configuration (for example, '2 x 2GB RAM sticks'), and the Make & Part number (for example, 'Kingston, KVR800D2N5/2G')
- Power Supply size (in Watts), Make & Model number (this should be on a sticker on the power supply)
- Hard disk size(s), Make & Model number (for example, '500GB, Western Digital WD5000AADS')
- CD/DVD drive type, Make & Model number
- Graphics (Video) card Make & Model number
- anything else that you can think of, such as a sound card, etc., that is hardware inside your computer

This allows us to determine if your system is configured correctly, and does not have any 'conflicts' or 'deficiencies' in its hardware configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Art

·
Banned
365 Posts
Your problem may have something to do with this reported problem:
Microsoft details Windows 7 memory leaks, hangs, freezes

Your system's problem might be how it reacts to this memory leak bug. Anything is possible, in this type of situation.

Microsoft has been tracking some odd issues that occur on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. These bugs are not typically fixed via Windows Update, because these hotfixes should only be applied to systems that are experiencing specific problems. So if you are not severely affected by either of them, wait for the relevant service packs. Here are the four most prominent issues, listed in order of decreasing severity.

The first manifests itself when the computer crashes after it runs for some time ...
The 'hotfix' in the above article is not part of any normal 'Update', so you do not get it unless you specifically request it.

Also, have you run a 'Full Scan' with a good anti-virus product, like Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)? You can download and install MSE for free, and in my experience (I am an OEM of custom-built computer systems), it works very well.

I hope this helps,
Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.