Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i am using P6-2030IN, 64 bit, Intel(R)Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz, 2GB RAM from HP with Win 7 Home basic OS. Last month, it was upgraded to WIN 7 Ultimate. Last week, Ubuntu 12.04 was installed.

Past 3 days, pc reboots randomly or sometimes after 1 hr or 15 min. i have tried the following methods. i was frustrated because it happens at peak hours of my workload.

while working with ubunut, i didn't faced the same problem in WIN 7.

i have tried the following methods.
1. My Computer, Properties, Advanced settings, Advanced Tab, Start & recovery and uncheck the auto restart option.
2. regedit, system, control001, control, crashcontrol, autorestart and changed the value from 1 to 0
3. at the time booting pressed F8, advanced boot options, disable autoreboot option.

nothing worked out.
Can anyone help me to solve this mind breaking problem:banghead:.

benjamin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is the reboot time exact each time or scattered?

Whats your average cpu temp?

Have you recently made any hardware changes?

Installed something that might have been malware-ish?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with My HP and the fix was amazingly easy. Unplug your keyboard and let the computer sit and see if it reboots. If it does not reboot then you have a faulty keyboard which is sending a voltage change to the computer forcing it to shut down. It tends to shut down when your at the peak of your workload because your banging the keys with a greater frequency.
Hope this works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.