Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this guy at my work wants me to install win 2k pro on his computer and he has win me right now. He was tellin me that he wants to try win 2000 and if he didnt like it there was so way to uninstall win 2000 and still have win ME on the system with out having to install win me again. Now is this true? because i dont want to install it and have him not be happy with it and then have to say "Well your stuck with it unless u want to reinstall Win me all over again"

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hey, your'e in luck! Win2k will install as a second OS and automatically install a boot loader so you can have the choice. Because of his "trying it out" scenerio you should install 2k in a fat32 partition and only convert to NTFS if he decides to use as his primary OS. If you are handy with OS installs, just go for it 'cause the directions are on screen and self explanitory. If you even have the slightest amount of fear- we can nurse you through the entire process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As soon as you load up the CD, you will go through a series of instructions. One of the instruction screens asks you if you want to UPGRADE (Write over old) or New Installation. If you click New Installation, it will ask you to install it in what directory...I used WIN2K as my folder. I have dual actually triple boot on one partition and they all work excellent!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.