Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys,
I was wondering 2 things.

1. At the moment I have Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz and I was looking to upgrade would this one be an upgrade or would it be worse Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHZ LGA775 SL8HX Processor (Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHZ LGA775 SL8HX Processor - eBay (item 230596000066 end time Apr-10-11 10:28:19 PDT))
I know it's 0.60GHz faster but there might be a catch that a non experienced person like me isn't seeing.

If it is not better don't worry about reading the next question but post your opinions still, thanx.

2. I have A G31M3-L V2 Motherboard and was wondering if that processor would even fit. I know my Motherboard is socket 775 LGA but there might be technicality difficulty or compatibility problems between these two if so leave some feedback as well.

thanks Rowell

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
Yup. Besides the fact it is a slower proc than your current one, it also is not listed on the cpu support list for your board.

In the future, refer to this list before choosing a new processor. It could save you money and grief.

MSI G31M3-L V2 / G31M3-LS V2 CPU support

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
Yup. You see several. Do you see the SL8HX?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what are you full specs?

If things are getting a bit slow how about upgrading the ram or degfragging the hard drive.
1. I have a new hard drive.
2. I am upgrading the RAM to 4gb instead of 2gb I noticed this computer can get slow when runing 2 games at the same time (e.g. Minecraft and Powerbot) with those 2 things open ram is like 90% and CPU is like 90%+ so was looking to upgrade CPU also until I get my new computer.

I am keeping this computer as a main computer and my new build as a gaming computer.

click here to go to my building thread and help me out: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/help-with-building-new-gaming-computer-564008.html#post3205620

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
getting an E8400 or E8500 would really ratchet things up for you; do some ebay hunting for a good deal on a used cpu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.