Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanna upgrade my computer to run BF2.I wanna get this ATI Radeon X1600 pro,which has 512mb GDDR2 and is an AGP card.I found it cheap on Tigerdirect for $60.99.What settings will it run BF2 on ?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Thanks for that input Emosun. :pray:

I've never owned that particular series of card. I was basing my assessment on my kids 9600XT 256mb ability to handle BF2 on a combination of low and medium settings. The 1600pro 512mb should be a better card, but I always prefer hands on experience over theory. :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Yea, its currently in my work computer. Don't get me wrong its a decent video card. But its game performance is definitely lacking because its the "dumbed down" version of the x1650. So I would say try to find at least an x1650 or a 7600 or a 2600 pro. All should be around 60$. Also don't forget about ebay. great stuff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now,im interested in getting an HD 2600.Is there much of a difference between the Pro and the XT ?Is there also much of a difference between HIS brand cards and Visiontek cards ?

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Yes the 2600 agp's have a 70% chance of working. Most older pc's they are not compatible with , but are more or less made for newer agp systems. One's that have been released in the past 3 years. Although people have gotten them to work fine on old agp systems. If you want to try the hotfix first you can but I would try the card first and make sure it doesn't work right out of the box. Also update your bios to the latest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.