Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to state that I've never played the Wii. But I was thinking. A lot of people I know that do gaming sessions for hours on end tend to sit in a vegative state during the gaming session. With the Wii active controller, would this be possible? You have to keep moving. Does that mean the end for 12 hour gaming sessions?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
That's a good point, and to be honest, I think it's a good move - making people move around during gaming. Sitting in a vegatative state isn't any good for anyone.

It may mean the end of the 12 hour gaming sessions, but avid gamers would still play for a fair while, and it might even mean that a few of them get fitter.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
I guess that's why i don't like consoles. You can't have 12 hour long LAN's :laugh: .
I work all day. I'm fit enough.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Not all games require you to stand, so the couch potatoe should not feel threatened! I just don't see how someone can stand to play for 12 hours straight. Hell, 4 is pushing it for me!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ok, I'm a Wii owner (got mine mid-December) and have Wii Sports and Zelda.

Now, I'm not fit at all (not hugely obese but definitely overweight) and loathe exercise. But I have no problem playing Wii Sports for 6+ hours straight standing up. I have friends that complain of arm problems afterwards (sore arms, nothing serious) but I haven't ever experienced that. My guess would be the more you play with it the more you'll get used to it. I can remember my first time playing I played Wii Sports for 6 hours straight and my arm hurt for a day, but I have experienced no pain since then, and I can easily play 6+ hours.

Sometimes after like 4-5 hours of playing straight my legs will hurt, but if I pause my game and sit down for a couple minutes, they feel fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've owned a Wii since mid December like KoLAddict and I also own the same games. All that he said is true.

But if you figure it out you can actually play Wii Sports sitting or even laying on a couch, it just takes a little getting used to.

Also out of all the consoles that I have owned the Wii would have to be the most comfortable one I have played. For instance when playing Zelda instead of having to hold a controller in front of you. You can easily rest your hands anywhere that the cord lets you, for example you can rest your elbows on your knees while playing.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I guess that's why i don't like consoles. You can't have 12 hour long LAN's :laugh: .
I work all day. I'm fit enough.
? you cant have 12 our long LAN's, yes they usually last 12 hours, the last i went to went 3 straight days and i got 5 hours of sleep during that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually it is very possible to have 12+ hours gaming sessions with consoles. And it can be alot more comfortable too all you have to do is find a nice couch.

We went 14 hours playing Halo 2 system linked.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
As consoles become more and more part of networks the move from PC-based LAN parties to consoles will become more prominent. You used to have to get extra control pads and gather in one place to have a little multiplayer mayhem with your games, but now you can compete worldwide. No PC needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.