Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of virus problems, I had to reformat (Destructive Recovery from Systems Recovery) my laptop (Compaq, Presario V3000).
Now, I can't connect to our wireless connection.

Our wireless connection is security enabled, but everytime I try to connect, the box asking for the Network Key would not appear. Instead, it says "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again."

I was told to dl SP2, so I did by connecting my laptop to the router. now, after downloading the SP2 and restarting the computer, the internet connected to the router didn't work either.

what's happening? please help me!!
thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So you can connect to the internet with your laptop you hard connect into the back of the router with a cable? Correct?

Sometimes, several people in your area may also have a wireless network. Are you sure you are trying to connect to your wireless network?

Try to go into the router interface and see what you see as far as your wireless setup and double check everything. Need to know more of what you see in your router interface.

Also, since you recovered your system you may need to make sure that your wireless adapter has the drivers installed correctly. Do you know how to go into Device Manager and check that?

Do you see a wireless connection (even though is may not say connected) in your Network Connections in the Control Panel? What do you see?

Anything more you can tell me will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.