Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Been having a lot of tech trouble lately and this one has been boggling my brain for the past 48 hours.

Whilst streaming, my internet went down and when I tried to reconnect it simply said something along the lines of "details have changed since last sign in and we need more information", asking for the password.

My other devices connect just fine, I'm using the wifi right now on my phone, but my PC seems to think every single correct wifi password is wrong.

I have reset the networks, reset and updated my computer, turned it off and back on again but to no avail.

If someone could help me with this it would be much appreciated!

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,094 Posts
"details have changed since last sign in and we need more information", asking for the password.
Joe, that message doesn't sound familiar. Are you sure it's a legit Windows wireless network connection message??
Also, I would go to your list of saved wireless connections in Windows and remove the saved connection for your wireless network. Reboot then manually connect to the network again.

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,158 Posts
Like Fred, I've not seen that error either. If Fred's suggestion does not work, I would probably rebuild all of it from scratch if I couldn't figure out the source of the error. Check your event Logs at that Date/Time and see if there is anything logged with that message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts