Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Netgear WG111v3 USB adapter and wifi keeps disconnecting and my signal level is very low because my PC and the AP are separated by 3 walls.
Is there a method to improve the signal level without moving the AP and the computer?
I have Windows 7
Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,352 Posts
Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Many thanks, I will try to find & buy those products (or similar) in a shop because my Wifi works very baaaaaaaaaaaaad. I didn't know that there were signal boosters for Wifi :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.