Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to use. My wireless network adapter will suddenly get "limited connectivity", won't connect to the internet but will still get the router.

Disabling and enabling it will cause my computer to freeze, requiring a restart. The same with troubleshooting. The only thing which fixes this is a fresh reboot, however it then occurs again within the hour.

Windows 8
Broadcom 802.11n wireless network adapter
Driver date: 13/03/2012
Driver: 5.100.245.20

It's the latest driver. I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from 2006, 2011 etc however the same problem persists.

Can anyone help me? :angel:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Very difficult to determine how to help you. The only information you have given us is that you have a laptop and network/freezing problems. We need some information about the system, the laptop model, and the laptop manufacturer.

Please provide answers for -
Code:
[FONT=calibri][SIZE=2][B]·[/B] OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] What was original installed OS on system?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] Age of system (hardware)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]· [/B]Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]· [/B]CPU[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]· [/B]Video Card[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]· [/B]MotherBoard[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]· [/B]Power Supply - brand & wattage[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] System Manufacturer [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=calibri][B]·[/B] Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)[/FONT][/SIZE]
The number of BSOD analysts is very limited. If no reply after 48 hours, bump the thread.

6. While waiting for a reply -

· Run Hardware Diagnostics -
- RAM -http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
- HDD - http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

-----

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.