Tech Support banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Super Moderator Hardware Team
Well at this stage I would just purchase a dual band wireless adapter

Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
Thanks for the response.

I am not sure if my wireless NIC is not qualcomm but I have tested the realtek ones (last 2 releases) but they do not perform as good as the Qualcomm Atheros one. I have a 50 mb/s wifi connection and with the Qualcomm drivers, the speed is about 30-45 mb/s (fast.com and speedtest.net results) while the realtek drivers only provide upto 5 mb/s. So the only thing remaining for me to try is the oldest driver version (because I don' have and don't know how to get the driver provided by the manufacturer as the laptop is pretty old and have pobably lost it). But I doubt that the oldest version will do any better to the laptop so, maybe i'll stick to the qualcomm driver till I find a solution. And if you can , please tell me how to get the original one. :)
Let's see a screenshot of the adapter's properties, advanced tab.

Straight from the horse's mouth RTL8723BE - REALTEK the card is a 2.4GHz adapter. It doesn't get any clearer than that. You must have seen what you wanted to see, but this is the truth, unless you believe that Realtek is knowingly selling the 2009 card short of its true capabilities? I highly doubt that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Straight from the horse's mouth RTL8723BE - REALTEK the card is a 2.4GHz adapter. It doesn't get any clearer than that. You must have seen what you wanted to see, but this is the truth, unless you believe that Realtek is knowingly selling the 2009 card short of its true capabilities? I highly doubt that.
Yeah I know, but I had seen it connect to the 5Ghz network when it belonged to my brother. So anyway , I will maybe buy an external dongle if needed. Thanks for your response!馃槉

That looks awfully minimalistic. I was hoping to see a "Performance" option, but then again, it's an old card. If it's performing dismally, you're better off getting a better adapter. What speeds do you currently get on speedtest?

Yeah I know, but I had seen it connect to the 5Ghz network when it belonged to my brother. So anyway , I will maybe buy an external dongle if needed. Thanks for your response!馃槉
Brothers are not the saints you make em to be. They'll beat you to a pulp, but they'll also do the same to anyone else who touches you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
That looks awfully minimalistic. I was hoping to see a "Performance" option, but then again, it's an old card. If it's performing dismally, you're better off getting a better adapter. What speeds do you currently get on speedtest?
It is about 35 mbps for download and 44 mbps for upload. Considering it is a 60mbps plan, I think it is quite acceptable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Brothers are not the saints you make em to be. They'll beat you to a pulp, but they'll also do the same to anyone else who touches you.
It is true but the worse thing is mine is 5 years older and this fact gives him a huge upper hand in fights. ( Idk how, but he is immune to my attacks?!??!!)

Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
Adding a quality wireless card almost always improves reception anyway so probably is the best solution.

Reactions: mekokya
21 - 32 of 32 Posts