Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dell xps 410 with 3 GB ram and a nvidia 7900 GS Graphics card with latest drivers. Whenever I play a 3D game it works fine at first but a couple minutes in parts of the scenery or objects start stretching across the screen obscuring vision and making the games close to unplayable. The more graphically advanced game I play i happens more often even to the point of making models look like flickering porcupines.

Here is an example of it happening on a game with mediocre graphics.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/mrbllsht/FreeRealms2009-05-1002-49-17-69.jpg

Please could anyone help me fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
video card - Nvidia 7900 GS
cpu - intel core 2 6300 1.86 ghz
m/board - don't know how to check
ram - 3GB
power supply - don't know how to check
brand - dell xps 410
wattage - don't know how to check

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you think its overheating or is it just going bad? it doesn't start immediately only after a couple min.
try this, if you have a big fan laying around the house, like a normal one with a stand, try and disconnect it from the stand so its just the top piece, open up the side of your case and place it in a way that it will blow air into the case, if that fixes it, its a overheating problem, if it still persists, your cards stuffed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well i did the fan thing and played the game that I took the screenshot from and it seemed to fix it but now I am going to try with the game that was the worst offender and see how it works. wish me luck!

I just played that game for over 30 minutes and no problems. Seems it was just overheating. Thanks everyone for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.