Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a new computer a few weeks ago and its running windows vista 64bit. Installed wic today, tried playing it and i got this error message: windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Entertainment\World in Conflict\wic.exe'. I then proceeded to uninstall the game and install it again while checking the path of the installation. Tried it again and the same message.

Can anybody help me out here? Thanks

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
C:\Program Files (x86) - Is this part of the path correct? Do you have another folder for 64bit programs?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
I find that the original position where games are installed for Vista, the security is too tight and it will have problems running sometimes

@Koala
That path seems correct to me but it may have installed to C:\Program Files\... (that's the native 64 bit program files folder but games don't get installed in there by default.

I have my games installed in a separate custom folder.
C:\Games\....

and I changed all the security for this folder to allow all users full control

-right click on folder
-properties
-security (tab)
-edit(button)
change all users permissions to full control

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, I tried what you guys suggested and it didn't work. For some reason I can't even find the file wic.exe. I don't know if it's somewhere hidden from me or if the CD didn't install it in the first place. Any ideas?

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
try to copy the dvd content to your hard disk and install it from there

or maybe try that : install the game on another PC that has a windows XP
after the installation is finished, just copy WIC.exe to a flash disk and paste it into your installation folder on your PC
(use this as a last resort)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.