Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
It is against forum policy to talk about bypassing passwords. It may not be explicity stated, but the information can be used to hack into computers so we keep the information off the board, and thus out of the archives.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then the rules should be changed and it should explicity state the said question.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Illegal Activities: Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advise on using illegal software, as it will be removed.
bypassing an administrator password can easily be used to hack which is an illegal activity...therefore we do not provide support on bypassing passwords.

If you feel there is an immediate problem that needs solving with our rules, contact by email admin'at'techsupportforum.com (replace 'at' with @)

Thank you, and have a good day!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea, sorry, ELF

Yea, I'll have to admit, I did kinda goof on that one...But I did get the info straight from a legit source. But a "delete post" or a "notify mod to close button"
so when I forget that I can't post stuff like that after my 20 minutes are up, I not totally screwed.

*Bangs head against wall* :dead:

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well, at least no warnings were handed out...

alot of threads get closed.

it doesn't always even mean anything wrong happened, many times we shut them down simply because the subject matter has the immediate potential to turn bad.

like if someone asks how to crack an xp admin password...

well, it has been discussed here before, but as policies change, so do the things we can talk about.

my take on it is this, microsoft themselves knows all about it, and they don't list it in their knowledge database.... so we shouldn't either.

also i will say one other thing.

with how much info google can bring you about any subject, it makes me wonder why people decide to come here to ask for help cracking or hacking.

google should tell all you ever, ever, ever need to know about anything.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
GarnetCompy said:
Yea, I'll have to admit, I did kinda goof on that one...But I did get the info straight from a legit source. But a "delete post" or a "notify mod to close button"
so when I forget that I can't post stuff like that after my 20 minutes are up, I not totally screwed.

*Bangs head against wall* :dead:

also, if you really decide you want to push the "ask a mod to close" button, you could always simply report your own thread, and in the reason, mention that you want your post deleted because you realize you shouldn't have said it.

there isn't an automatic warning system, so it won't hurt your account, and it will let us mods/admins know that there is a post that needs deleting.

the forum settings used to allow you to endlessly edit or delete your own threads, but it led to alot of situations where someone said something terrible, and then deleted their post after everyone saw it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason y i did not GOOGLE it cos I dont have the time to go through a lot of junk on the web, and this forum is I have been told the best tech forum on the net. As I work in tech support for a large computer company-- saying no names--- I have very often used this site and decided to join up the other day, and I believe in a quick solution to my problems and this is where this site is very good at.

Keep up the good work :sayyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.