Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, please send this thread to the appropriate section of the forum if I am in the wrong area. What I want to know is in the title of this thread. I know I need union search browser however I had it once and used it but for some reason I don't remember, using that got my computer hacked or messed up my computer so how do I use or search the 98% rest of the internet without it messing up my computer? is there anything that is safe to download from the other 98% of the internet?

·
Moderator , Security Team
795 Posts
Why do you want to search the Deep Web ? (which you can't by the way)

The Deep Web is not like the www, it is not indexed, and so is not generally searchable. You either already know where something is, or you're looking around blind, which can potentially be a very dangerous thing to do.

The Deep Web contains the "Dark Web" where all sorts of illegal activity takes place, and whose members guard their anonymity jealously, and who will ruthlessly exploit anyone who does not equally guard their own privacy.

When browsing the Deep Web it is impossible for you to know when you might be straying into the Dark Web, so unless you have an overwhelming need to access the Deep Web, I strongly recommend that you do not do so.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That did not answer my question or why it was banned or closed off, please answer. I don't mean to be demanding so please do not take this the wrong way. I was able to access the deep internet before like I said using union so its not that you cant like you said. I want to access the deep web so I can have more websites or information and knowledge at my fingertips, accessible or available in general. Also to be able access pc game mod tutorials or videos explaining how to get certain pc game mods to work or be playable as someone had mentioned that to me saying a lot of that is on the deep net that you will not find on the 2% of the net. If most of the internet was banned or closed off because of a enormous criminal activity or hackers, it not fare to close it off to everyone else therefore ruining it for the rest of us. Why not just close it off or bann just the criminals or hackers? I should be able to or have the right to access information or websites for example watching a comedically video on youtube like angry orange or a favorite forum I like to frequent but I cant because its on the deep net.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,502 Posts
The TSF RULES state the following:
P2P
We believe that the primary purpose of Peer-to-peer (P2P) programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that while there may be legitimate uses for certain P2P applications, we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/she asks for help. For that reason we do not offer support for P2P software and we will normally not assist any user in this regard. This includes, but is not limited to, torrents, illegal software, uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, and others.

In certain cases, we may offer limited support for temporary use of bulk downloading applications (e.g. Linux Distros) for clearly legitimate purposes. Once the temporary need is satisfied, we will recommend that the torrent downloader be uninstalled for security reasons. We reserve the right to not offer support beyond this limited instance.

The bottom line is if you end up with a computer problem as a result of going to the "other 98%" we will not help you in any way.

·
Moderator , Security Team
795 Posts
It is clear from what you have written that you neither understand what the Deep Web is, nor what the purpose of TOR (the Onion Router) is.

TOR is not as you seem to believe, some kind of key to a hidden kingdom of secret knowledge, it is just a network of computers that can be used to obfuscate communications between two end points, so that if you connect to the Internet using TOR, an outsider cannot determine who you are connecting to.

There may be sites within the TOR Network that you might wish to access that can only be accessed through TOR, but these are not Deep Web sites, they are TOR sites.

The Deep Web, is really just a bunch of disparate Networks, that are not part of the World Wide Web (www). They are neither unified, nor indexed. Many of them use protocols other than the commonly used ones to connect.

Those Networks may include, non public facing Government Networks, Military Networks, Private Company Networks, Networks used by IOT devices, Networks used for control devices, and a whole lot more (including the "shady" networks of the Dark Web).

You would not be able to access many of these Networks without the required proprietary software, which of course is highly unlikely to be available to you, and attempting to access some of those Networks can in some cases be a criminal act.

To cut it short .... if you don't know what you're doing .... and your question shows that you don't .... leave it alone.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks, I did not know I was breaking the rules or that my questions were beyond the scope of this forum that have nothing to do with tech support, all just look else ware to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.