Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOESNT SUPPORT SLI?

I'm so disappointed. It's based on P67 chipset but it doesnt support SLI while the other series supports it.

Can anyone tells me why?

What if I try SLI on the board?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
Can anyone tells me why?
Asus marketing decision. Made by people above our pay grade.
What if I try SLI on the board?
It probably won't work, though nothing will be damaged.

FYI: There are several models of the P8P67 which do support SLI; The EVO and Pro versions for eg.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
people who want SLI are willing to pay BIG bucks; you only need to climb the ladder of the asus model offerings to enter the SLI capable boards which will be around $300.00 :rolleyes:

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
because there is no need in sli. for a possible 20% gain and upto 50% increase in heat and power not to mention the extra cost for a card I wouldn't bother.

If you really want a board that does sli then you will have to buy one some boards support it some dont, some boards do crossfire some dont.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Just get one good GPU. You save money without giving up any performance.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Just get one good GPU. You save money without giving up any performance.

DITTO

I would far prefer a full ATX board with good overclocking features like the asus P8P67 Deluxe or the Pro and use a single high end video card like the ati 6950 (under $300 is always my goal on video cards)

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
SABERTOOTH Supports SLI just over $200 mark. Heat blown out the back on Nvidia cards so I don't see heat being an issue. Defenitly will suck some power down for sure.

the sabertooth supports dual cards but at a reduced rate of speed; IMHO the REAL SLI boards run both cards at 16X and not 8X

most of the heat does go out the back of the case however; not nearly all heat will escape i this manner; the second card will add a considerable amount of heat to the interior of the case; much like a cookign stove with an exhaust fan over it; majority of heat goes out the fan but plenty will stay in the kitchen too :wink:

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
Well...I've already brought P8P67.

But I guess crossfire is still ok.

I would love to mix Intel + Nivdia and AMD + AMD card

But now it's impossible.
there will never be a board where you can mix an nvia card with an ati card with an intel or amd cpu. Both companies wont work with each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.