Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get a 1.7Kb transfer on dwnloads, i used to get 3-5Kb, and on MSN Messenger i get a average ping of 10+secs, how can i rectify this prblem? or speed it up without using a modem booster, i just used a booster and it more slowed my net down than sped it up

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Rusty said:
Why does my internet go slower than a turtle?
Because you are on dial-up. :sayno:

Seriously, there are many factors that can cause a decrease in download speed, and sadly, 1Kb/s is usually a typical speed at times.

If you know any changes that the modem booster has done to your system, I would attempt to restore them to the default settings. You can also try a system restore.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goddamn dial-up *shoots modem*

ok then, i dont no wat changes the booster did, so how do i do this restore?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hmm. Nevermind. If you are using Windows 2000, then you don't have System Restore.

You should really consider getting DSL. The subscription fees are really cheap these days and you can get better than average download speeds.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
Ruzzy said:
Why does my internet go slower than a turtle?
Could it be your heavy shell account? -razz:
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wat on earth is a shell account, it seems nasty but i want to no plz im me it if it is to nasty 2 say in a forum lol -razz:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A shell account is an account you have on another computer (usually Unix) where you have to login remotely using Telnet or SSH.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok 2 things lol,

1.i still dont understand wat shell is and y is it so bad
2.wat dos DSL stand for
3.what sorta offers and speeds r there

...i do realize tats 3 but my pcs bein messin me about all day i cant be bothered to rectify it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.