Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a sound card that will sound clear as long as you keep it turned down below half way, but if you turn it above half way it starts to clip & crackle? While it is crackling, I get snow on my screen. Also, if I leave it up, the system will crash more often than Tom Petty. This is even with my amp turned down to where I am getting 75dB out of it. I can hook a CD player to my amp & get 125 dB or more out, and I can't even force it to clip. Any ideas what can cause the sound card to suck like this? Anyone ever heard of this?:upset:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm... Which soundcard, and which amp and speakers. Double check your inputs and outputs. Make sure your soundcard mixer utility is configured correctly.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you don't know either.

Here's what I use. I have some Peavey pro audio gear hooked directly to the line out on my sound card. If I disconnect the amp from the PC and put a CD player, I am then jamming Korn as loud as my player can put it out to the amp. It DOES NOT DISTORT! C-mon--it's professional audio. If I hooked headphones to the line-out and turned the audio up about half way, it will distort on the headphones, as well as through the amp if I have it hooked up in place of the headphones. Also, I am getting snow on the screen when it distorts. If I leave it up, the system hung. Fortunately, now it has quit, but I still want to know what the deal was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.