Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's weird, I have XBox 360 and Xbox Live, and when I do a sign-on at the console (I required a passkey, or button combination, to sign on), it shows its signing in, then I get prompted to sign-in again.

Even before that, I always have to test my connection to Xbox Live (in Network Settings) as well before I can even sign on (after turning off my 360 overnight).

I noticed this happened whenever I upgraded my router firmware, on both my Linksys router at first, then again, after upgrading my DLink router. Before the router firmware upgrades, it would connect automatically (through a wireless LAN adapter) and sign-on only once.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the make and model of router?
I just switched from a Linksys WRT54G to a DLink DGL-4300. I have a feeling it has something to do with the MAC address filtering, as that is what I use to "protect" my wireless because I need the SSID broadcast every now and then for my kids to re-connect their devices (because they don't set it to default connect to my home network because they have school network too).

When I initially installed my new DLink, I just used the basic config, but when I inputted the MACs for the MAC address filter, I think that is what was happening, for both my old Linksys and DLink, at least that's what I suspect in this case.

And to respond to Stevie, putting it in the DMZ didn't help, I still have to sign in twice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just switched from a Linksys WRT54G to a DLink DGL-4300. I have a feeling it has something to do with the MAC address filtering, as that is what I use to "protect" my wireless because I need the SSID broadcast every now and then for my kids to re-connect their devices (because they don't set it to default connect to my home network because they have school network too).

When I initially installed my new DLink, I just used the basic config, but when I inputted the MACs for the MAC address filter, I think that is what was happening, for both my old Linksys and DLink, at least that's what I suspect in this case.

And to respond to Stevie, putting it in the DMZ didn't help, I still have to sign in twice.

Thanks.
Maybe if I put it in the DMZ and disable port-forwarding? I mean, if it's in the DMZ, is there any reason to forward or open ports? If I have both DMZ and port forwarding enabled, what take precedence? I would imagine it would be the DMZ as that makes the device sit outside the router.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.