Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my pc which is a HP Pavilion t740a well when i plap HL2 and CS:S for like an 1hr it made a bad sound like a fan inside kicked in and started spining faster then it should the sound got very loud so i just don't play it i have nfi why it does it but now like every hour it make teh same sound even if nothing is running it started this when my system32 went missing in fact it was before that and i have no idea why it does it can anyone help me solve this mistry?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Can you determine where in the computer the sound is coming from? From what it sounds like it's a dead fan. The best advice is to leave it off, especially if it's a dead CPU fooling fan.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an air vent below the Powersupply and that is where all the noise is coming from and a whole lot or air as well. and i can't open it up due to the lame waranty i hate my parents.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If the sound is of fan spinning louder, it probably is a fan spinning louder as your system heats up. Probably the CPU fan. If it heats up after idling for an hour, then you may want to give it a good cleaning. Overheating can be caused by dust clogging the intake and exhaust vents as well as the CPU heatsink and fan. Use a vacuum cleaner on the outside to vacuum the intake and exhaust vents. Then use a can of compressed air and open up your computer and blow out the CPU heatsink fan assembly and any fan grills or vents where you see dust accumilated. You might want to have the vacuum handy for any dustcloud you create, but don't use the vacuum inside the computer.
If your parents won't let you do it, tell them they will have to take it in for service and it will cost $$$ unless you have a repair/maintenance agreement.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think all of that type of stuff would be under waranty beacuse they think they bought a 3 year waranty and we arn't to open the pc up at all or it will void it and i told them omfg i can fix it myself, they are like no if you stuff it we can't get it fixed so yeah i should ring them up and find out if it under the waranty and all. thanks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ XZanE
I would recommend to you in your case(pun intended) to not open the case and just vacuum the intake and exhaust vents and see if that helps. If it doesn't help(probably won't solve the problem, but may help a bit), then you may have to get your parents call the company under warranty and maybe to send it in for repairs and maintainence and respect the fact that it is their system and someday when you get your own, you can do whatever you want. Then when they pay too much and/or have to be without a system for a while, it is their decision and their problem, not yours and you aren't the focus of their anger/frustration.

I know that sounds 'parental' but what we think is wrong may not be what is wrong and what happens if you DO something to disable the system(easier than it sounds) and it is not fixable without spending $$$ because no more warranty.

I certainly have had my share of 5 minute repairs turn into 3 weeks to fix.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have formated my pc now it has only made the noise like twice in like 7 hrs i have no idea why that made a diffrence but i am happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.