Discussion Starter #2
another pic form a different game...

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last one

this one needs explaining because the problems didnt show up on the screen dumps. you see that heavybolter turret? (surrounded by space marines) well wheneva i hit that and explosion comes off it creates about 5 diagonal whitelines coming off of it, the same wheneva i hit anything that explodes/or with an explosiv.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any help would really be appreciated, i have the latest drivers for my gfx card so i dont think that it is something to do with that, this has me really annoyed and the problems can be alot worse than what you see here. e.g. much bigger white boxes! anyway some games are fine and some do these strange things so what could be the problem? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on please some one must have seen this before! if you need anymore information on my system please ask

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone please help or at least respond and/or direct me to someone who might know what is wrong. *clears throat* please please please please please please please please please please please please!

sorry about that i got carried away lol. I am no noob to pc's so feel free to throw any technical jargen you want at me!

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
omg this is terrible.

i have no clue how you have managed to slip through without anyone even taking a bash as it, so, that's what i'm going to do here.

you mentioned that you have the newest driver for the card, have you updated directx?

this seems heavily similar to a direct draw error i was having once before.

also, you might go into the display properties panel, and turn the video acceleration down one notch.

you won't notice too much of a difference, since you have a fast card, but it might clear up the blitter you are getting.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yay someone finally answered!

appreciate it waltside, i will go try that now. By the way another thing that i forgot to mention is that it seems like it happens mostly at lower resolutions, could this mean anything?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did it to no avail, my current hardware acceleration is attached. If i lower it anymore then my games wont work (next notch turns of direct x stuff) so if that didnt work then what is wrong with my graphics card? as i am guessing it may have gotten hot or something and burnt a bit. Don't be afraid to tell me the bad news, i am getting a 7800Gtx in march anyway.

Attachments

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
honestly, i haven't seen anything exactly like that.

although, in a game called fairyland, (an online RPG) we did see an occurance of the sprites (anything that isn't a wall or floor) being covered with white boxes, but it was more of a specific location, being right where the character would be.

also, on mechwarrior 4, before i had a good enough system, i would get the boxes in place of bullets.

on both those occurances, nothing we did fixed it, besides changing vid cards to something more powerful.

however, your card is powerful enough it should be able to play this game....

so i kinda don't know what to suggest at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.