Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Last night I was watching a video on YouTube and also using Google Earth, when out of the blue, my screen changed to these white and light blue vertical stripes running down it, I'd say about an inch in width. These stripes took up the whole screen. The Caps Lock light did not turn on when I pressed Caps Lock, which meant my computer had crashed. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop
1 GB DDR RAM
120 GB HDD
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.8 Ghz processor

I haven't had much luck with finding anyone else with the same problem :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Re: White and Light Blue vertical stripes?

Welcome to TSF....

I would try first removing the video display drivers from device manager and then rebooting the computer to see if windows will re-install them.

Also downloading the drivers from the manufacturers web site for the video card might also be a good idea and try updating the drivers thru device manager.

Another thing is if you have another video card you might want to give installing that one to see if it fixes the problem...

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
dell includes other items with it's video drivers from what i have read so download from there
is it the same in safe mode

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This lock-up hasn't happened since that night, so I'm assuming that it was a one-off glitch or something. I will go to the Dell website, however, to see if there is something I might need.

Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to Dell's site, and I didn't find any extra drivers or anything that I needed, and my laptop has still gone without a hitch since it happened. It's weird that it keeps happening to you. Maybe it's an issue with this Dell model or something? :4-dontkno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.