Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first of all! I'm undecided in which sound card to purchase for pc gaming. I've looked at 2 sound cards by Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface and the Creative 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and I notice when playing BF2142 there are times the game gets choppy or slows down a bit. Would any of the sound cards help with the choppy or slow downs? Also I do shut down any unnecessary background tasks and have the most recent video card drivers. Also my speakers are the Logitech Z-640 speakers and I need a sound card that would be compatible with my speakers. I thank you for your help.
Reload

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wel firstly EVERY soundcard is compatible with EVERY pc speaker set. its what they are designed for after al isnt it?
&& i know most of the guys on here wil disagre but i have a C-media mixler suround sound 5.1, i have had it for a few months, it never crashed and delivers stunning sound, & unles you are playing an incredibly demanding pc game your sound card shouldent interfear.
Josh.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Matt,
I set the game BF2142 from high setting to medium which changed my resolution and didn't notice any lagging in sound or game play. But I should be able to play the game in High setting with the type of video card I have listed in My System. Also in installing the game I read that with the type Nvidia Geforce 7 Series graphics cards. I should be able to turn on all my special effects features at a higher resolution in the game. Plus that a sound card by Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi series can help with slow and choppy game play. So if I want to play the game in the High setting what are my options? I would like to purchase a new sound card but which one would be compatible for my surround sound speakers? Thank you very much Matt for helping me out.
Reload
Bob Dolan!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
With the exception of digital speaker systems, any set of speakers will work as long as it has an analog output.

What kinda PSU are you using to feed juice to your rig?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using a Ultra-X Finity 600 watt ATX Model:ULT 31848,Flex Force Cabling, Nvidia SLI Ready Dual 80mm Fans.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi first of all! I'm undecided in which sound card to purchase for pc gaming. I've looked at 2 sound cards by Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface and the Creative 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and I notice when playing BF2142 there are times the game gets choppy or slows down a bit. Would any of the sound cards help with the choppy or slow downs? Also I do shut down any unnecessary background tasks and have the most recent video card drivers. Also my speakers are the Logitech Z-640 speakers and I need a sound card that would be compatible with my speakers. I thank you for your help.
Reload
hi there,

try setting PCI latency timer in BIOS to a different value, this is what helped me some time ago with Audigy card. I had it by default at 128 but after I set it to 32 the lag was gone. Try different values. If you do not have PCI latency timer setting in BIOS you can download a tool called "Pci latency timer" from the web.

Last year I got X-Fi Fatal1ty and had no problems since. Fatal1ty has some extra RAM on it which might help with some games. With X-Fi sound became fatter, I like it that way. But the biggest difference when I compare it to the Audigy is the surround sound with headphones. Soundblaster has demos of this on their website if you want to try http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/demo/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kovac thanks for the info and I'll do and try what you said and see or hear what happens? Thanks much for your info and the web site to check out the demos.
Reload
Bob Dolan!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.