Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
To expand on Dai's response....go to the mobo mfg's website and check what memory is listed on the qvl for that mobo (you may have to download the manual for it and look in there for the qvl) OR, go to the Corsair website (my preference of the memory you listed) and see what modules they reccomend for your mobo....you can trust their advice, same goes for Crucial and Mushkin

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
My personal favorites are Mushkin and Corsair, so Yes....but please check with the Corsair website for compatability before purchase. As for the videocard...I don't see a reason why it would not work....make sure you have a psu capable of powering it...see the psu selection guide at the bottom of my sig....I would expect a 600W unit or better of a quality mfg.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the people on this forum said the PSU is a bit underpowered for my system but will work but i may have problems with it, so i'm gonna keep this one for a while while i get cash for anouther since they said it wont harm anything just might crash in games. I will check the Corsair Site now then ;)

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
I haven't read the manual but on the site:
http://www.asrock.com/product/ConRoeXFire-eSATA2.htm

Memory

- Dual Channel DDRII memory technology
- 4 x DDRII DIMM slots
- Supports DDRII 667/533
- Max. capacity: 4GB*

*Due to the chipset limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® XP, Windows® XP 64-bit, Windows® Vista™ and Windows® Vista™ 64-bit.
Corsair is fully compatible.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
@ BG: Tumbleweed did not say your PSU would run your system; he stated it may run your system (you stated you lacked the funds for a better unit) Tumbleweed also suggested you could try the 450 watt PSU you have and hope for the best while you are waiting for the funds for an upgrade unit.

I think you will find a 450 watt unit is gonna crumble with your current spec

I stated: I know it wont game; dont even try the 450 watt unit may harm your ram modules!

goodluck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.