·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the stuff on the power supply information post before, and I looked at the psu's I mentioned, but I just wanted an outside opinion on it... I thought the enermax would be better to... but the second one is on sale, so I had to make sure before I bought the wrong one.
Thank you :)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Did you notice the psu sticky has recommended psu's, maybe check them out along with there current prices and compare

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

If I were you, I would hold the phone and don't order until you do a little more research. While the Enermax has been a great supply for years, we are getting many reports (read the reviews) of a lot of DOA or early failures. The other supply, well, it doesn't belong even in the class of an Enermax IMHO. I would not recommend that supply for you.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ultra has gotten better, and it uses much better oems than young year that gave ultra its horrible reputation, but theyre not as trustworthy as more reputable builders. i have an enermax that i bought a few months ago and have no problems with it, however there are plenty of alternatives as well, just look around on newegg.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Too many people don't spend enough time, and money, on their power supply purchase. I know everyone has a budget, but you pretty much get what you pay for with power supplies. There aren't any outstanding performers out there for $40-50. Enough pontificating. Here you go, blows them both away:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817151027

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

PanamaGal has hit a home run with that recommendation. That is one of the best 550 supplies on the market and at a great price with the rebate for $129.99. That supply is heads and shoulders above the Enermax that you selected and is more powerful than a lot of major brand supplies that are higher wattage. Good Job PanamaGal.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Yes milehile :sayyes:

Same manufacturer, better pricing, reviewed excellently, better amperage and wattage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a good quality 600 w PSU with the same amps and a nice rebate on it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341001

Yes, because you multiply 3 x 19.
So the Antec one that I mentioned is better than the enermax?
I asked specifically about the antec and enermax cause the antec one is on sale at a store and I was recommended the enermax... And atm, the antec is cheaper than the enermax... And I want to take advantage of that if the antec is better :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So out of the 3 we compared that I posted, the results: Ultra < Enermax < Antec Trio...

And they'd all pretty much work on the same motherboards and stuff?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alrighty then, I'll go looken for the Antec Trio then :)

Ultra is out of the game then :)

And from what you guys say Enermax PSU < Antec Trio PSU, that's my choice :) Thank you for confirming and helping me :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed that this one has 2x12v 18A rails... Would that be better than the single one on the Enermax?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153042

(The other power supply was on sale, and the last one that they had was used, and someone returned it... So I was afraid of buying it because I didn't have a way of testing the other power supply at that moment in time... so now I'm looking for another one >_<)

Is the PSU I just posted any better than the enermax?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.