1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I dont think there is any bad ram ???????????????

once you leave the power supply areana everything else seems to be decent no matter what you buy, even the cheapo motherboards can perform very well if you dont mind most of the desirable features being stripped away.

I would however prefer the Corsair but thats a flavor choice not a performance choice!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
If I was to pick between those two, I'd pick the OCZ, but that's me. And like speedster and linderman, I prefer Corsair over the others.

Stay away from the "off brands" and you're fine.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Pick whichever one is listed as compatible with your computer on the manufacturer's web site.

truer words have never been spoken :pray:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm...so you really think Corsair is a better choice for me? Though it seems that it doesn't really matter...

I've seen those RAM modules that are water-cooling ready...isn't that a little extreme? Why watercool your memory? I'd be tempted to think that a fan blowing on the heatspreaders would do a better job...

What about Crucial and G.Skill, are those "Off-Brand"? And in addition, what about Super-Talent? I've got their memory currently (2 512mb DDR400) but I don't know how to compare it to anything...I've only owned old computers before now...

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
G. Skill is nice, but the only problem is that they don't have a configurator or system scanner like the other manufacturers. Crucial RAM is also nice.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
IMHO

corsair & Crucial are the top two ram manu's when the full scale of offerings are considered / they leave the fewest platforms unanswered for options

OCZ has an awesome high end line too

any of them will work well as long as they are guaranteed to be compatilbe

Corsair, Crucial, Patriot, OCZ, PNY, Super Talent, Mushkin, Micron, Samsung, Kingston >>>>> no memory selector ?

they are ALL good,

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
any of them will work well as long as they are guaranteed to be compatilbe

Corsair, Crucial, Patriot, OCZ, PNY, Super Talent, Mushkin, Micron, Samsung, Kingston >>>>> no memory selector ?

they are ALL good,
:pray:

:sayyes: Only the Corsair XMS2 is one I pick over the Mushkin and OCZ high ends. Otherwise you're in excellent territory with those all listed above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.